Archangel Azrael is said to have a cosmic size. He has 4,000 wings and his body is shaped by as many tongues and eyes as there are human beings. Azrael stands with one foot in the fourth heaven (or seventh), and the other foot on the sharp bridge that separates heaven and hell.
Death is guarded by Archangel Azrael. He is the one who keeps an eye on the Souls of Light in order to cleanse them. He has also been known to capture those who talk ill of the light in their own fortress by tricking them. Archangel Azrael is a good energy archangel who has been confused for a Grim Reaper. He isn’t made up of this energy. He is the force of transformation.
Table of Contents
- 1 What’s Archangel Azrael story?
- 2 What are Archangel Azrael’s powers?
- 3 Signs that Archangel Azrael is visiting you.
- 4 How to know if it is a trickster spirit rather than Archangel Azrael?
- 5 How can you work with him?
- 6 What can you work with him on?
- 7 Prayer for Archangel Azrael
What’s Archangel Azrael story?
Prior to the creation of man, Azrael seemed to be the only angel courageous enough to want to go down to Earth and face the armies of Iblīs, the devil, in order to get God the materials needed to create man. For this work he was appointed the angel of death and given a registry of all humankind. Although Azrael may remember the name of the holy (circled in light) and the cursed (circled in darkness), he doesn’t really know when someone will die until about the tree beneath God’s throne drops a leaf holding the man’s name. He must then split the body and soul within 40 days.
Some Jewish mystics believe Azrael to be a fallen angel—or demon—who is the manifestation of evil. Islamic culture defines Azrael as being fully covered in eyes and tongues, and the number of eyes and tongues continuously varies to represent the number of people that are actually living on Earth. Azrael keeps track of the number by writing the names of people in a celestial book when they’re born and removing their names once they die, according to Islamic practice. Azrael is considered the guardian angel of priests and grief therapists who help people make peace with God before passing and minister to mourning people that the deceased have left behind.
What are Archangel Azrael’s powers?
Archangel Azrael, known as the Angel of Death, helps people to go through the stages of life, and more so helps them deal with after-life. Beside helping those mourning, he supports those who are transitioning from the physical dimension to the spirit world. It’s the duty of Archangel Azrael to help the leaving soul separate from the physical body and move over to their next step of existence in the hereafter. He soothes dying souls and aids them through seven celestial passages. The trip through these seven celestial spheres helps the deceased to evaluate their existence. Souls going through this cycle get an opportunity to reflect on the decisions they took while they existed in the physical form; heal their wounds and plan for their next stage.
While, in the past, Azrael has primarily dealt with souls passing from the physical world into the spirit realm, he is now stepping in to open the gate for universal healing energy, comfort, and compassion to the people left behind who are grieving the loss of someone dear. This angel radiates with insight and empathy, advising people on how to cope with the departure of a soul. He works to absorb all suffering to lighten the hearts of those in grief, and shares his insight to teach them how to embrace their new reality in a gentle, caring way.
Archangel Azrael Powers
|Life Transition||Aiding the Soul to pass through stages of the after-life|
|Healing||Helps to heal grief, loss, and feelings of unimportance, emptiness, or depression and darkness|
|Akashic Records||Aiding to access the Akashic Records, also known as the Book of All Life, where every human experience has been recorded|
Signs that Archangel Azrael is visiting you.
Archangels may give you specific signs to let you know that they want to work with you. They may also give signs that they are near, protecting you, and opening your roads.
If Archangel Azrael is near you, or wants to work with you, these are some of the signs that you would see in your daily routine:
- A Dream – the most common sign that an archangel would give you, is appearing in a dream. They would guide you in your dream, or just appear as a vision. If you do remember the dream vividly when you wake up, this is a sure sign that they are trying to contact you.
- Vivid colors or auras – If you happen to see vivid colors in the corner of your eye, or when directly looking at something, you may not have an illness, but you are getting signs that Archangel Azrael is near you. You may want to distinguish the colors that you see. If Archangel Azrael is contacting you, you may see yellow, pearl, or vanilla cream lights.
- A sensation on your skin – you will be amazed of all the ways the Spirits will contact you. You may feel cold in a warm room, or warm in a cold room. If you suddenly feel warm, it may be very well Archangel Azrael trying contact you.
- A swift change of thoughts – if you suddenly feel fully in peace with your life, and everything surrounding you, so much that you accept the profound meaning, and vibration of life, Archangel Azrael might be near.
How to know if it is a trickster spirit rather than Archangel Azrael?
When you first start on your spiritual journey, you may not know yet how to protect yourself, or your Spirit Guides have yet to adapt to protecting you on your new journey. This is the time when you are most vulnerable to trickster spirits, even though it happens all the time, to even more advanced spiritual practitioners.
These are the definite signs you are dealing with a trickster spirit:
- Feeling a presence when you are in a vulnerable position (grieving someone, fearing abandonment, fighting with your loved ones, anger issues, doubting everything, etc.). A trickster spirit will feed on these emotions, and also fuel them even more.
Trickster spirits are those spirits who appear to be as someone else, trying to get something from you, while making you think you are talking to the Spirit you want to talk. In most cases, trickster spirits are not dangerous, they won’t affect your life, but they will play games with your mind. If you are in a vulnerable position,
- You will be asked to offer something to them, straight away. The first thing a trickster spirit will ask of you, is for you to offer something to them. They will usually start with asking for small things like a fruit, or a flower, or a cup of milk, or go for big ones like a dog, a goat, and other animals. They will push you to fulfill their desire, because they will in turn, give you the information you have been seeking. If you are in a vulnerable position, you are desperate for that answer, and they can feel that.
- Trust your intuition. If you feel the answers from your spirit are tricky, or they don’t make sense, it’s because a trickster spirit doesn’t really know the truth, so they are trying to confuse you with half-answers, or nonsense answers.
A Spirit that holds power, such is Archangel Azrael, will answer straight away. If they can’t provide an answer, they will give you the reason for it. You won’t have to try, and decipher what they may be saying, and you won’t get answers that don’t make sense, or that do not relate to the question at all.
How can you work with him?
As with any Archangel, if you want to work with them on the long term, you should build an altar for them. You can build Archangel Azrael’s altar on a Tuesday, or Friday, you should go with your intuition. You should approach your spiritual work with Archangel Azrael following these steps:
- Place the Altar. You have to find a high table, that won’t be disturbed, and cover it with a white cloth. Then, you have to put a statue of Archangel Azrael, or a photo of him. If you can’t afford a quality statue, or photo, it is just fine if you print a photo of him from the internet. You only have to make sure that the Spirit in the picture is Archangel Azrael.
- Dedicate a candle to her. You may need to get a white candle to light for him, and ideally light it every day. You should set a cup of water on the altar, which you change, and refill every other week. You may also want to put a cross on your altar. This is the basic altar, but if you want, you may share your daily food with your Archangel, or leave flowers on his altar.
- Spiritual Work on your Altar. All the spiritual work that you want to invoke the Archangel Azrael’s powers, you should do in front of, or on, the altar. You may write a petition, or light a candle, and pray on what you want to manifest. Your Archangel will hear your wishes, and if it is on your best interest, he will grant it.
What can you work with him on?
Like all angels, Archangel Azrael is a messenger of God’s love. This means you can contact him at any time if you need assistance, especially when you need help to deal with loss, grief, or death. He can help console those who are dying, depressed, dealing with a loss of a loved one, etc.
Meanwhile, while you are still living, you should invoke Archangel Azrael to assist you in assimilating the many lessons you have experienced during your present life. Azrael will assist you in accessing the Akashic Records archives, where your Sacred Contract and the specifics of your life review are now kept, by raising your spiritual energies to an appropriate degree. If you believe in past lives or/and potential future lives, you can also seek answers from Archangel Azrael about your past existence. Via this same life analysis process, Azrael will assist those who have increased their energy enough to acquire awareness of their previous lives.
Prayer for Archangel Azrael
You can pray at the church, or you can light a candle and say your prayer to Archangel Ariel, asking of her what you need in your life. You don’t necessarily need an altar for her, even though it is advised to build an altar for the Archangel if you wish to work with her every now and then.
The prayer for Archangel Azrael:
If you want to pray on a wish of yours, you need to light a candle for Archangel Azrael, and this is the candle that will represent him, and the light that will guide him to come to you. If you pray at a church, you don’t need a candle for him. Other than the candle that represents Azrael, you will need to light another candle that represents your prayer, or desire.
When you are in need for healing, either for yourself, or somebody else, you can pray to Archangel Azrael to allow you to heal yourself or others, or for him, to use his healing powers for you. You may speak a prayer :
You may light a blue candle, or a green one, because these colors stand for healing, cleansing, and grounding. You want to nourish yourself, and bring life back to something that was touched by a disease. If you don’t have these colors, a white candle is just fine.
If you are in need for help regarding your financial situation, or to open your path to the career that you want to follow, you can pray to Archangel Azrael, using the following prayer:
You may light a green, or yellow candle, because these colors represent abundance, wealth, and joy. If you don’t have them handy, you may always light a white candle. Make sure to have a separate candle lit for the Archangel Azrael.
If you have been having a hard time finding love, or you can’t seem to get along with your partner, you may ask upon Archangel Azrael to get in contact with your lost loved one, or lost true love.
You will need to light a pink, or red candle, to represent your wish for love, and speak this prayer:
What to be cautious about?
You may think that Archangels are Angels of light, and they intent to help you become your best self, and manifest your best dreams. This is true. However, what you may fail to realize, is that Archangels do not take into account what you may lose along the way.
Therefore, you have to be cautious what you wish for. If you want more money, you should always make it clear that you don’t want anybody to get hurt, or you may name the exact sources that you want your money to come from (business, job promotion, etc.).
On another note, you should always be careful not to make promises that you can’t keep, or that you don’t intend to keep. These are the promises that you don’t fulfill, after your desire has been granted, and it is as simple as bringing them flowers, or offering food everyday for a week. These may also be promises like you will stop smoking, or drinking, if they grant you the promise. If you fail to uphold any promise that you make them, at the best, the Archangel won’t work with you anymore, and at the worst, they will take whatever they granted you, and more.