As the head archangel enters combat, Zadkiel is one of two standard guardians (along with Jophiel) who lead behind him. Violet is the color associated with Zadkiel. He is often portrayed in iconography wielding a knife or dagger. His figure is depicted wearing a gleaming violet robe encrusted with jewels. His eyes are a deep blue with violet flecks, and his beard is clean and white. He’s wearing two pieces of jewelry: a sapphire-set crown and a jewel-encrusted victory scepter that flashes like lightning.
Zadkiel assists us in forgiving others. He teaches us to love ourselves and others in the same way that God loves us. He reminds us of the past and the present, assisting us in comprehending and accepting life’s achievements – particularly though they are painful. He gives us the courage to face our wounds, and he encourages us to be grateful for the love we have in our lives.
Table of Contents
- 1 What’s Archangel Zadkiel story?
- 2 What are Archangel Zadkiel’s powers?
- 3 Signs that Archangel Zadkiel is visiting you.
- 4 How to know if it is a trickster spirit rather than Archangel Zadkiel?
- 5 How can you work with him?
- 6 What can you work with him on?
- 7 Prayer for Archangel Zadkiel
What’s Archangel Zadkiel story?
Zadkiel is a member of the Hashmallim order (also known as the Dominations or Dominions) in rabbinic literature, and some sources consider him to be the leader of that order (others sources name Hashmal or Zacharael). Azilut Zadkiel/Hesediel is mentioned as co-chief of the order of Shinanim with Gabriel in Maseket.
Some texts say that Zadkiel is the unidentified biblical Angel of the Lord who keeps Abraham back to prevent him from sacrificing his son, and as a result, he is typically depicted with a dagger. Other texts identify the angel as Michael, Tadhiel, or another angel, while others view the Angel of the Lord as a theophany.
Zadkiel is affiliated with the planet Jupiter in Judaism and Western ritual magic. The angel occupies the fourth position in the Sephirot, which corresponds to compassion.
What are Archangel Zadkiel’s powers?
Archangel Zadkiel teaches moral lessons to those seeking salvation from the suffering caused by their actions. Zadkiel offers a road to divine forgiveness by assisting you in connecting with God/Source. Archangel Zadkiel often urges people to forgive those who have wronged them, encouraging them to choose reconciliation over revenge or retribution, ultimately leading to a more liberated state of being.
Some spiritual practitioners believe Zadkiel has a strategy to help mankind overcome negativity by equipping them with the tools they need to live more balanced lives and have healthy relationships, even with Divinity.
Zadkiel urges us to value our brothers and sisters, regardless of how diametrically opposed or extreme their opinions may seem. God’s love binds us all together. It becomes much easier to be tolerant and diplomatic once you know this.
Archangel Zadkiel Powers
|Lessons and Forgiveness||Understanding that all that happens, it is meant to teach us a lesson, all experiences are valid|
|Freedom||Helping to free us from the chains of negativity, and low vibration|
|Memory||Protecting our history, experiences, and guiding us through those|
Signs that Archangel Zadkiel is visiting you.
Archangels may give you specific signs to let you know that they want to work with you. They may also give signs that they are near, protecting you, and opening your roads.
If Archangel Zadkiel is near you, or wants to work with you, these are some of the signs that you would see in your daily routine:
- A Dream – the most common sign that an archangel would give you, is appearing in a dream. They would guide you in your dream, or just appear as a vision. If you do remember the dream vividly when you wake up, this is a sure sign that they are trying to contact you.
- Vivid colors in the corner of your eye, or auras of light – If you happen to see vivid colors in the corner of your eye, or when directly looking at something, you may not have an illness, but you are getting signs that Archangel Zadkiel is near you. You may want to distinguish the colors that you see. If Archangel Zadkiel is contacting you, you may see deep purple colors, or blue lights.
- A sensation on your skin – you will be amazed of all the ways the Spirits will contact you. You may feel cold in a warm room, or warm in a cold room. If you suddenly feel warm, it may be very well Archangel Zadkiel trying contact you.
How to know if it is a trickster spirit rather than Archangel Zadkiel?
When you first start on your spiritual journey, you may not know yet how to protect yourself, or your Spirit Guides have yet to adapt to protecting you on your new journey. This is the time when you are most vulnerable to trickster spirits, even though it happens all the time, to even more advanced spiritual practitioners.
These are the definite signs you are dealing with a trickster spirit:
- Feeling a presence when you are in a vulnerable position (grieving someone, fearing abandonment, fighting with your loved ones, anger issues, doubting everything, etc.). A trickster spirit will feed on these emotions, and also fuel them even more.
Trickster spirits are those spirits who appear to be as someone else, trying to get something from you, while making you think you are talking to the Spirit you want to talk. In most cases, trickster spirits are not dangerous, they won’t affect your life, but they will play games with your mind. If you are in a vulnerable position,
- You will be asked to offer something to them, straight away. The first thing a trickster spirit will ask of you, is for you to offer something to them. They will usually start with asking for small things like a fruit, or a flower, or a cup of milk, or go for big ones like a dog, a goat, and other animals. They will push you to fulfill their desire, because they will in turn, give you the information you have been seeking. If you are in a vulnerable position, you are desperate for that answer, and they can feel that.
- Trust your intuition. If you feel the answers from your spirit are tricky, or they don’t make sense, it’s because a trickster spirit doesn’t really know the truth, so they are trying to confuse you with half-answers, or nonsense answers.
A Spirit that holds power, such is Archangel Zadkiel, will answer straight away. If they can’t provide an answer, they will give you the reason for it. You won’t have to try, and decipher what they may be saying, and you won’t get answers that don’t make sense, or that do not relate to the question at all.
How can you work with him?
As with any Archangel, if you want to work with them on the long term, you should build an altar for them. You can build Archangel Zadkiel’s altar on any day, you should go with your intuition. You should approach your spiritual work with Archangel Zadkiel following these steps:
- Place the Altar. You have to find a high table, that won’t be disturbed, and cover it with a white cloth. Then, you have to put a statue of Archangel Zadkiel, or a photo of him. If you can’t afford a quality statue, or photo, it is just fine if you print a photo of him from the internet. You only have to make sure that the Spirit in the picture is Archangel Zadkiel.
- Dedicate a candle to her. You may need to get a purple, or a blue candle to light for him, and ideally light it every day. You should set a cup of water on the altar, which you change, and refill every other week. You may also want to put a cross on your altar. This is the basic altar, but if you want, you may share your daily food with your Archangel, or leave flowers on his altar.
- Spiritual Work on your Altar. All the spiritual work that you want to invoke the Archangel Zadkiel’s powers, you should do in front of, or on, the altar. You may write a petition, or light a candle, and pray on what you want to manifest. Your Archangel will hear your wishes, and if it is on your best interest, he will grant it.
What can you work with him on?
Through our experiences, Zadkiel assists people in healing from the effects of negative feelings and strong emotions. This spiritual power can be used to heal the wounds in our relationships with others, and, most importantly, with ourselves. Through encouragement and understanding, Zadkiel shows the light inside us and warns against judging others. He teaches us to display compassion instead of pointing fingers at those who have wronged us, and to forgive those who have wronged us.
When we are under stress or going through a tough time in our lives, we sometimes neglect to take care of ourselves emotionally and physically and to seek help. Zadkiel’s “work” is to assist in the preservation of our memory until he is asked to do so. Of course, it is up to us to take the next step and make the most of those transformations.
If you feel you have to sweeten your relationships, or you need a deeper understanding of people’s motives, and actions, you can call upon Archangel Zadkiel, to help you in these areas. He will help you broaden your perspective, and be able to overcome the obstacles in your mind, heart, and life in general. Zadkiel’s dual emphasis on forgiveness and remembrance will assist in the recovery of past emotional pain. The archangel will help you let go of old resentment or victimhood feelings so you can remember and live your divine life intent. When you ask Zadkiel for emotional healing, he will guide your attention away from traumatic memories and toward reminiscing about the good times in your life.
Prayer for Archangel Zadkiel
You can pray at the church, or you can light a candle and say your prayer to Archangel Zadkiel, asking of him what you need in your life. You don’t necessarily need an altar for him, even though it is advised to build an altar for the Archangel if you wish to work with him every now and then.
The prayer for Archangel Zadkiel:
If you want to pray on a wish of yours, you need to light a candle for Archangel Zadkiel, and this is the candle that will represent him, and the light that will guide him to come to you. If you pray at a church, you don’t need a candle for him. Other than the candle that represents Zadkiel, you will need to light another candle that represents your prayer, or desire.
When you are in need for healing, either for yourself, or somebody else, you can pray to Archangel Zadkiel to allow you to heal yourself or others, or for him, to use his healing powers for you. You may speak a prayer :
You may light a blue candle, or a green one, because these colors stand for healing, cleansing, and grounding. You want to nourish yourself, and bring life back to something that was touched by a disease. If you don’t have these colors, a white candle is just fine.
If you are in need for help regarding your financial situation, or to open your path to the career that you want to follow, you can pray to Archangel Zadkiel, using the following prayer:
You may light a green, or yellow candle, because these colors represent abundance, wealth, and joy. If you don’t have them handy, you may always light a white candle. Make sure to have a separate candle lit for the Archangel Zadkiel.
If you have been having a hard time finding love, or you can’t seem to get along with your partner, you may ask upon Archangel Zadkiel to settle the situation between you and your partner, and bring true love your way.
You will need to light a pink, or red candle, to represent your wish for love, and speak this prayer:
What to be cautious about?
You may think that Archangels are Angels of light, and they intent to help you become your best self, and manifest your best dreams. This is true. However, what you may fail to realize, is that Archangels do not take into account what you may lose along the way.
Therefore, you have to be cautious what you wish for. If you want more money, you should always make it clear that you don’t want anybody to get hurt, or you may name the exact sources that you want your money to come from (business, job promotion, etc.).
On another note, you should always be careful not to make promises that you can’t keep, or that you don’t intend to keep. These are the promises that you don’t fulfill, after your desire has been granted, and it is as simple as bringing them flowers, or offering food everyday for a week. These may also be promises like you will stop smoking, or drinking, if they grant you the promise. If you fail to uphold any promise that you make them, at the best, the Archangel won’t work with you anymore, and at the worst, they will take whatever they granted you, and more.