Colors can have a big influence on our moods and even our actions. Each hue is said to have its own influence, but how each color makes you feel depends on your experience and society. Black is a color that can evoke a wide range of emotions, sentiments, and thoughts.
Your favorite color can say a lot about you, on matters of how you like to approach life, what you think of yourself, what your soul craves for, your attitude, etc. People can even think of a color to associate with you, when they think of you, which translates to how they view you.
If your favorite color, or the color that people associate with you is Black, this is how they see you:
Black Color Psychology
Black has a way of balancing your house, business, and other places in Feng Shui. It is related with the sea elements and creates feelings of power, mystery, and peace. When used carefully, it can have an anchoring effect.
Imagine a person wearing a little black dress or a fancy dinner suit to see how the color black may have dramatic effects and be connected with a refined lifestyle. Black is also related with sadness because it can shut us down and steal the positive things of life away from us, driving us towards despair and the dark or unpleasant sides of our lives.
For some, the color black generates positive associations such as elegance and sophistication. The color exudes refinement. That is why so many individuals opt to dress in black when attending a formal function. This is also why luxury firms such as Tiffany & Co. and Chanel use black in their logos.
The color black has traditionally been linked with authority in high society. From clergy to judges, tuxedos and credit cards, there’s something for everyone.
Spiritual Meaning of Black
In India, the color black is utilized to ward off evil. Beautiful people, for example, are frequently blessed in the Indian Culture fashion by placing a little black dot underneath the ear or even on the chin to fight off the evil eye.
To see the color black in your waking moments, dreams, images, and coincidences is a message for us to recognize the benefits in disguise when difficulties arise and we require cleansing of our space, it is a chance to mend all other situations surrounding it as well.
The color black signifies that you act for your highest good and disregard your concerns. When you acquire black objects (stones, jewels, or gifts), it is a sign that you will have to go through some changes in order to free some limits. If something is happening in your life right now, know that there is a reason behind it. However, you will not be able to see the bigger picture until after the fact.
What your color of choice means regarding your Personality?
If your favorite color is Black, that foretells that you might be seeking safety from the negativity that surrounds you. As in a seductive black dress, you may want to project an air of mystery and intrigue. You may be in a state of self-denial, refusing to allow pleasure and joy into your life. You are systematic in your work, ensuring that everything is accomplished correctly.
Because you are a serious person, it may be difficult for you to let go and enjoy yourself. You are a self-sufficient individual who prefers to do things for himself and rarely seeks assistance from others. You keep things to yourself and aren’t adept at sharing yourself with others, probably due to fear. You prefer to keep things to oneself, your privacy is essential to you, and you prefer to maintain a certain level of mystery about yourself. You don’t approach others readily; instead, you build walls and barriers to protect yourself.
Some individuals find you intimidating because of your serious demeanor. You are disconnected from your emotions because your mind instinctively suppresses your sentiments and desires. You are a rebellious person who despises authorities or being instructed what to do. You enjoy feeling strong, powerful, and capable.
Symbolism of Black Color
The first thing that comes to mind when thinking of black is mystery, the unexplained, and the concealed. Black is a hue associated with secret knowledge and has many associations with magic or esoteric notions. On a more practical level, black is the color of concealment. It can be used to conceal feelings, to isolate oneself from the outside world, and even to conceal weight, as it is a slimming color.
Black is associated with power. It’s a challenging color that implies that the person wearing it is distinguishing themselves from others, as well as a color that denotes strength and discipline. Black does not typically express many emotions; rather, it masks them, lending the wearer an impression of supremacy.
Black is a hue that is both elegant and straightforward. A black outfit is more elegant than a multicolored one. It’s a hue that’s worn for special occasions or when a person wants to appear more pleasing to the eye.
Black is unmistakably associated with evil. In plays and films, it is frequently used to indicate somebody is the antagonist, and it is the stereotypical hue that people who are solitary or unfriendly wear.
Black is the hue associated with death and grief in Western culture. Black is viewed as a depressing color that reflects the magnitude of loss and the agony that people are experiencing. It’s a solemn color that can be used to portray mourning.
How will Black affect your mood and manifestations?
We associate black with sophistication and solemnity. It’s the ideal hue for much formal apparel, and the little black dress is a timeless and always appropriate item of clothing. Black is unmistakable and definitive. It is not readily misconstrued, and in design, it is dramatic and aids in creating a sense of assurance.
Because black absorbs all light, it is a low-energy hue. Though black, when combined with white or yellow, creates vitality, black on its own can be sad and can dampen the atmosphere. Black lines on paper are strong, clear marks with enormous communicative capacity for information transmission.
However, many people associate the color black with all things unpleasant. This dark color has been associated with death and all things bad and evil throughout history. It elicits intense emotions such as rage, aggression, fear, and grief.
The relationship between dark and negative is most evident in our language. Consider the following regularly used expressions: Blackmail, Black magic, Blackout, Black sheep, etc.
How to use Black in your everyday life?
If you want to invest in your relationship by protecting it, or creating an environment of honest conversations, you may need to use color black, and incorporate it. Black color is incredibly protective in every manner, yet love and relationships are typically where we feel the most vulnerable. Black provides us with an invisible sense of safety, not in the sense that we are confined behind walls, but rather that we can be open, liberated. Black also helps to emphasize the truth as well. However, make sure to not overdo it, as you will experience the negative affects of black color.
In the financial realm, you absolutely need a dosage of that protecting and empowering energy. When it comes to business, black color can be really useful because it provides you with power and confidence, two crucial skills for making wise judgments when it comes to developing your riches.
On the other hand, the color black is the best choice to use in logos, even if it is only to tone down the other colors. The color black is well-known for its highly practical design approach. It’s frequently employed in situations where legibility and great contrast are the most crucial characteristics. On websites selling high-end, luxury, or elite merchandise, consumers will notice that black is predominant. Because of the extreme contrast provided by black, certain page components can retreat, allowing the user’s focus to remain on product photographs without the overall layout appearing overdone or fussy.
Black is the color of protection, power, as well as sadness and things gone wrong. If you would like to represent these qualities yourself, or you want to create this kind of vibration around you, you should use Black to help manifest what you want. You can light a Black candle, or carry a Black item with you, with the intention to achieve these goals.
Black Crystals and their benefits
- Black Agate – Black Agate encourages you to take a step toward stability. This type of Agate, like other black stones, is particularly interested in providing stability and security. It keeps you focused and gentle with calm, rather than in a state of collapse, even at the most trying times of your life. When it comes to our feeling of self and spiritual being, Black Agate assists us in leaping higher and ascending to a whole new level. While it promotes the exploration of other dimensions, it is also a root chakra crystal that keeps you grounded and rooted in reality. It’s a stone that’s tough and resilient, and it transfers those qualities on to you.
- Black Tourmaline – Black Tourmaline is recognized for absorbing negative energy, poisonous emotions, and bad juju, allowing optimism to shine through. This stone is all about clearing the path, and it has the ability to transform bad energy into something much purer and more effective. Black Tourmaline also strengthens your sense of security and capability by connecting to the root chakra.
- Black Obsidian – Earth, air, fire, and water are all woven together in Black Obsidian. This gives this stone’s numerous skillsets a sense of balance, elemental restoration, connection, and chaotic mastery. Black Obsidian unifies the chaos while also cutting through harmful habits, stumbling blocks, and destructive thought patterns. Black Obsidian is a good stone for empaths because it protects you from people who would drain your energy or hurt you in any way.
- Black Onyx – Incorporate black onyx into your life. Under the gleaming surface of the refined Onyx stone, profound healing radiates. This little gem is fantastic at cutting through the clutter and getting to the heart of the matter. It helps you heal deep wounds, process different life situations, and keep you from feeling overwhelmed as you go through your healing process. For individuals who are aware that they must perform shadow work but wish to do so while remaining safe, prepared, and protected, Black Onyx has you covered.
- Shungite – Shungite is one of the oldest stones on the earth, consisting primarily of carbon. It is thought to be two billion years old, implying that it predates biological life. Shungite is so powerful that it can purify water, and since we are all composed up of water, picture what it can do for body purification.
Wearing gemstone jewelry or keeping crystals close to your skin is one of the finest ways to say yes to all that Black energy. Because crystals interact with vibrational energy, keeping them on your skin gives them unrestricted access to synchronize your own vibrations with theirs. When these crystals are close by, your vibrations can naturally rise. Without our knowledge, crystals perform a great deal of work. They create protective force fields, cleanse the aura, release stagnant energy, and maintain the balance of your body, mind, and spirit.