If your name is Karina then you may already sense that your name is “beloved”. This Christian girl’s name has great spiritual significance and even more mystical numerological aspects. The spiritual meaning of the name Karina goes deep, as far back as the ancient Roman and Greek empires. Karina can be found today in its many variants across the world.
Table of Contents
The Origin and Spiritual Meaning Of The Name Karina
The spiritual meaning of the name Karina is of Old English origin. Karina means “pure”, “the pure one”, “innocent”, and “beloved”.
Karina can be short for Katarina or Katrina. It’s is a variant of the name Carina, which is derived from the Latin word “carus”, meaning “love”.
The spelling with a “K” is most popular throughout Scandinavia, English speaking counties, and Eastern Europe. The variant “Carina” is used in Italy and Spanish speaking countries.
The name Karina was formed out of the name Karin, which is a Nordic variant of the English name Katherine (or Catherine in French) and the Danish name Karen.
The spiritual meaning of the name Karina can be traced all the way back to ancient Greece and Rome where “Katharos” meant “pure”.
Spiritual Meaning Of The Name Karina Letter Analysis
- K – Karina is affectionate, warm, and open to others. Above all, she values peace, harmony, and diplomacy in her relationships, surroundings, and the world at large
- A – Karina is ambitious. She is optimistic and idealist by nature. It is important for her to continue to explore new things to add to her source for inspiration.
- R – Karina is secure in her emotions. She understands her own and so understands the emotions of others. Karina is not one to shy away from the messiness that emotions often bring, understanding that they are a natural part of life.
- I – Karina is selfless and compassionate. A great deal of what she is about is loving others, who look to her as a source for inspiration.
- N – Karina isn’t likely to be stuck in the past dwelling over “what if’s”. To stay present in the now is something that comes easier to her than others. “N” also gives her great ability in foresight. Not only is she not stuck in the past, but she can also seemingly see the future before it happens.
- A – Karina understands giving and acts of selflessness, only if she’s taken care of her inner-life and maturing spiritually. If her spiritual life is neglected, then the “A” indicates that she can fall victim to greed, vanity, and other selfish acts.
The Spiritual Meaning Of The Name Karina Numerology
The name Karina has an expression number 9. Your expression number reveals your skills, talents, and abilities that you were born with.
Number 9 is a Universal Number that symbolizes the completion of a cycle. Karina and others who sport the expression number 9 will be called to service. Or, better said, they will get the most satisfaction out of serving and helping others.
Karina has a huge heart. It’s said that number 9’s love more the rest. It’s certain that number 9 is the most emotional, feeling-based number that there is.
Number 9’s and Karina will have to learn the lesson of letting-go in this lifetime. Because number 9 signifies completion, but also due to her powerful emotions, she can easily become attached to worldly things – the things that we all have to let go of eventually.
The name Karina has a soul urge number 11. Your soul urge number deals with your heart and your inner-most desires.
This soul urge number is a high indication of interaction with others. This can be carried out in several ways, both socially and professionally. Because she is good with people and connecting with others makes her happy, any work that deals with people will suit her well.
Number 11’s are sociable, open, friendly, and accepting of others.
The name Karina has a personality number 7. Your personality number reveals your outside traits, such as your style, mannerisms, and the ways that you interact with others.
Number 7 is the highest spiritual number there is. It represents spiritual elevation and knowledge in higher wisdom.
But balance is key here. Too much of “out in the world” is unhealthy for Karina who must retreat and take care of her spiritual life to be the force for good out in the world that she naturally is.
The Spiritual Meaning Of The Name Karina Modern Day
Karina rose to popularity in the United States during the second half of the 20th century and peaking in the 1990s. Since that time it’s steadily gone down in popularity while still remaining popular in Latino-American communities, possibly due to the Christian spiritual meaning of the name Karina.
One thing is for sure, Karina is a fashionable girl’s name that will stick with us for years to come.